|Hand sets which can support LTE|
3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) is the latest and most updated technology in the field of telecommunication technology. It is a project run by 3rd generation partnership project(3GPP) and trade marked by on of the associations of the partnership and the association is European Telecommunications Standards Institute. The current generation of mobile technology is known is 3G.Sometimes LTE is defined as 4G technology but this does not always comply all the 4G features at the beginning stage.
Now the question is why we will go for 4G?The answer is high data speed and channel capacity. The world's first publicly available LTE(Long Term Evolution)-service was opened by TeliaSonera in the two Scandinavian capitals Stockholm and Oslo on the 14th of December 2009.
Present Condition of LTE(Long Term Evolution) in the year 2011:
· On January 6, 2011, Verizon Wireless announced that it plans to add more than 100 LTE markets to cover 175 million people by the end of 2011, have 2/3 of the US population covered by mid-2012, and provide nationwide coverage by the end of 2013.
· On February 15, 2011, Telstra Australia announced plans to launch 4G LTE service in all major central business districts in Australian capital cities by the end of 2011, effectively boosting the current Telstra Next G HSPA+ service.
· In March 2011, the Release 10 was frozen.
· On March 10, 2011, the HTC Thunderbolt was released on Verizon Wireless.
· On March 23, 2011, Verizon Wireless promised LTE in 147 markets by the end of 2011
· On April 28, 2011, the Samsung Charge LTE phone release on Verizon Wireless was pushed back because of LTE network issues.