- Internet connection is not required to send SMS using this software
- Need to attach the phone with your PC and the SMS charge will be the local operators SMS charge
- All phone numbers can be stored and also all outgoing and incoming messaging is stored here.
- All data lives on your computer, not on servers controlled by someone else.
- You can send messages to individuals or large groups, and reply individually – useful for fieldwork or during surveys.
- It is easy to install and requires little or no training to use.
- Developers can freely take the source code and add their own features.
- It can be used anywhere in the world simply by switching the SIM card.
The current version of FrontlineSMS (1.6) comes with on-screen language support for English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Khmer, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili and Chinese.